Saturday, December 27, 2008

Christmas

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to Everyone! I had such an amazing time, spent with my family. My brother, Eddie was able to come home from New York and spent a few days at home. As cliche as it may sound, the best gift that I received this year was to have my entire family together for the Holidays.

On Christmas Eve, we celebrate at my Mema and Papa's (Grandparents') house, along with my Father's side of the family. We eat Polish food and open gifts. Later in the evening, we go to my Aunt Josie's house and have Italian desserts until we are stuffed to the brim.

Christmas Day is always spent at my house. We have Christmas dinner and people come and go through the day. This year, I was asked to say the toast at Christmas dinner. It was a very emotional for me because not only was I feeling overwhelmingly blessed, but I was asking for God to watch over my family and especially my cousin who will be deployed in a couple of weeks.

My cousin Jeff joined the Army and will be stationed in Baghdad for 16 months. Having him at Christmas dinner this year was very meaningful to me. I am so proud of him for the sacrifice that he is making in effort to protect our country. He will be in the thoughts of my family... and you can bet he will be receiving a lot of letters! ;)

Merry Christmas, Everyone... Go enjoy some desserts and quality time with family and friends!

Love, Alicia

No comments: