Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Wardrobe and GirlScout Visit

Well, it is official... I have chosen my evening gown for Miss America! It wasn't as daunting as I thought that it was going to be. Maria and Raquel at “The Crowning Touch” in New Bedford, MA. Have THE most beautiful gowns that I have ever seen and always seem to know EXACTLY what will make you look and feel fabulous. My Dad and Mema (Grandmother) came with me today and we met Buffy, My Executive Director, there. My mom came to my initial visit and was literally overwhelmed with the beauty of the gowns at “The Crowning Touch”. So we decided to trust the opinion of my Dad and Mema. Honestly, my Dad has the best eye for evening gowns... So I knew that I was safe in the hands of “The Crowning Touch” Staff and my Dad! We had a few favorite gowns picked out from my previous visit, but did not end up choosing any of them. I don't want to reveal too much, but the gown that I chose is just what I was looking for. There are some alterations that need to be done, so I need to be patient. I really think that we found a gown that showcases me, my personality, and what a “modern Miss America” would wear.

After we chose the evening gown and had it fitted, we began to chip away at choosing the rest of my Miss America wardrobe. There are so many articles of clothing that are needed... I cannot even think about packing yet! Today we found a walk-on gown and my “On-stage Question” dress. Something particularly special about “The Crowning Touch” is that they fit everything to you FLAWLESSLY. So not only did we choose wardrobe items, we had them fitted. All in all, it was a productive visit!
After about an hour of chatting with the staff, we left “The Crowning Touch” and headed to an afternoon appearance. I was going to visit with the GirlScouts of West Bridgewater, MA. I talked with them about the importance of believing in themselves, how to resist peer-pressure, set goals, and to value their character. The girls were very interested in what I had to say... but were also very anxious to ask me questions about the Miss America Reality Show, “Countdown to the Crown”, which they knew I had been away filming. Since it is near Halloween, I shared a few ghost stories with them and some personal ghostly encounters that I had aboard The Queen Mary! They were so cute and I had a great time with them... I hope to see them again soon!

Love, Alicia

No comments: