Thursday, February 26, 2009

February Fun



Congratulations to the new “Miss Greater Worcester”, “Miss Shrewsbury”, and “Miss Worcester's Outstanding Teen”! On February 15th, two new local Miss-titleholders were crowned and given the chance to compete for the title of “Miss Massachusetts 2009”! Lauren Mangano, a former Miss MA contestant, put together a wonderful and entertaining pageant. I am so proud of her... I remember the first year that I competed for Miss MA, Lauren was so supportive and encouraging to me. I know that her titleholders are in great hands.

Also on February 15th, my older brother, Eddie turned 26 years old! HAPPY BIRTHDAY, BIG BRO! I love you!

Last Tuesday, I had a very busy day... For those of you who didn't know, it was “National Pancake Day” at Ihop. Between the hours of 7am and 10pm, Ihop gave away a short stack of pancakes to customers in hopes of receiving donations on behalf of the Children's Miracle Network! I was fortunate enough to stop into the Ihop in West Springfield and show my support (and eat pancakes!) Ihop and The Children's Miracle Network ended up raising $1,300,000 during National Pancake Day 2009!

After visiting Ihop, I was on my way to a GO RED for Women Fashion Show in New Bedford, MA. I was joined by Miss Massachusetts Outstanding Teen, Miss New Bedford and Miss Mayflower. During rehearsal, I noticed someone who looked painfully familiar... I just couldn't put my finger on how I knew him! I figured I must've met him at an appearance...maybe he was a Veteran, Police Officer, or Principal in the New Bedford area... I couldn't figure it out. UNTIL someone mentioned that he was a contestant on “THE BIGGEST LOSER” which happens to be one of my very favorite television shows! I was so star struck! My family and I watch the show together every week... When I ran out to tell me dad the news, I found him talking to Jay's brother and “Biggest Loser” partner, Mark. They were both in the Fashion Show! Of course my dad was going into detail about how much we love "The Biggest Loser". The fashion show was a great success... everyone looked smashing in their Red ensembles. Thank you to “The Crowning Touch” in New Bedford, MA for again making sure I looked like a Queen.

Love, Alicia

No comments: