Monday, September 8, 2008

"Walk In The Park"



Yesterday, I had the privilege to act as an Ambassador for the first annual Six Flags “Walk in the Park”. The event was a Walk-A-Thon to raise funds for “Cure Kids Cancer”. I arrived in the early morning and skipped my usual 67 cups of coffee... uh oh. I was relieved to find out that Dunkin' Donuts was a sponsor of the event and had a booth set up to caffeinate those involved! My task for the day was to act as a motivator for the volunteers. I gave out many high fives along with encouraging words. A definite highlight of my day was meeting Justin Kie-Burdick. Justin is a young man with an amazing spirit who also served as the “face” of Six Flags New England's event. He told his courageous story and had everyone hanging on his every word as they fell in love with his charm.
I also had the chance to meet Jerry from "Ben and Jerry", the President of Six Flags New England, and Chris Kellogg from 94.7 WMAS! The event was a great success for all that were involved and I am thankful to have been a part of it.

For more information about “Cure Kids Cancer” visit:
http://curekidscancer.org/

After the event, I was surely caffeinated.... but starving! My chaperon for the day was my local director, Nikki Pajer. Her family owns a wonderful Italian Delicatessen in Agawam, MA. We decided to pay her family a visit and get lunch.
It was great to stop into a local eatery and see the response of onlookers. I signed some autographs, took photos, and noshed on an ENORMOUS turkey sub. A fantastic way to end an appearance!

Love, Alicia

No comments: