Saturday, September 20, 2008

Macy's "Shop For A Cause"

For the past two years, I have been involved in Macy's “Shop For a Cause”. It is a fun event that takes place in Macy's stores across the country, that benefits numerous charities. The Macy's at the Holyoke Mall invited me back to their store and I was booked to be in Auburn, MA too.

At the Auburn Mall, I was well received! I had an autograph table set up for the first part of my appearance. For the second part of my appearance in Auburn, I got to walk around the store and chat with costumers. There were all sorts of activities set up throughout the store including face painting, a finger print station, and video games. I even had my blood pressure checked, which was quite an event for me because I am deathly afraid of having it done. I am glad to report that my blood pressure is normal and that I met many amazing people, who made my visit worthwhile.



I quickly left and headed to my second appearance of the day, which was Macy's “Shop For a Cause” at the Holyoke Mall. I was very excited to be greeted by my cousin Toni and the Manager at Macy's, Tanya. I changed into a royal purple dress that they let me borrow for my appearance and met with local titleholders from Massachusetts.
I got to walk around the store meeting customers, tasting food, signing autographs and even got to hangout with Cinderella and Elvis! :) A Ray of Elvis is a local Elvis impersonator who participates in numerous charity events that I attend. He was very entertaining and even called attention to me every time I walked near is stage. It was a lot of fun dancing and signing along to his tunes!


The Macy's “Shop For A Cause” event was a perfect way for me to exercise my title of Miss Massachusetts for a worthy cause, have a little fun, and spend a day of quality time with my family before I leave for LA in the morning.

Love, Alicia

No comments: