Tuesday, November 4, 2008

I'm an Out-of-Shape MissFit

Happy Election Day! Regardless of your political views, I hope that everyone went out to vote today! It is important that we as Americans exercise our rights. Every one knows that this is a historical election, any way that you look at it. I am anxiously awaiting the results and will support the next President of the United States regardless of the outcome.

Back to Miss America Prep. - Early this morning, I made my way to Framingham, MA to establish my workout and nutrition plan. I met with Katie Boyd aka “Miss Fit”. We talked about what I eat (french fries, chicken nuggets, and cookies...) and what I SHOULD be eating. I believe in the saying “everything in moderation” and we incorporated that into my new food plan along with egg whites, plain outmeal, almonds, and "Muscle Milk"...

Then, we hit the gym to lift weights. I usually stay in shape by dancing, so I have never lifted weights before and evidently my body wasn't used to it. It felt like the room was spinning and I had to sit to rest a few times during my workout! Luckily, I'm a fighter... I am committed to being healthy and ready for Miss America... So I will continue to lift weights and eat as healthily as I can ;)


Thank you Katie Boyd! ~ http://missfitco.com/

Love, Alicia

No comments: