Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Easter Candy and a PhotoShoot

"Increase in my mind and heart
the risen life I share with Christ
and help me to grow in your
wisdom and grace.

Lord Jesus, you appeared to your
apostles after the resurrection and filled
their hearts with joy when you said to them
"Peace be with you".

May the peace of your presence
abide with me and make each day you
give me the most beautiful day of my life."


That was a prayer that I read this morning that I felt summed this Holiday, a season of hope, growth, renewal, and praise. Spending time with family is my favorite part of Easter. (That and snacking on Reese's and Cadbury Creme Eggs!) This past week has been a difficult one... My Papa was rushed to the Emergency Room last week because he was having trouble breathing. Thankfully, he is doing much better now, but he had to miss the Easter Holiday. Every year for Easter, my family goes to my Grandparents house where we have brunch, hunt for Easter Eggs, and catch up with one and other. As time passes, the "family time" becomes more and more valuable. People get older, children grow up and some move to a different location, so it is comforting to know that these holidays allow us to share our individual growth with those closest to us, Family.

Sometimes, I can't believe how quickly time passes! My youngest cousins are now 15 and 13! When did that happen?! Since I am one of the eldest cousins, I was lucky enough to hide Easter Eggs for the youngsters this year... Now, being a terrible "Easter Egg Hunter" myself, I sympathized and didn't hide the eggs in impossible locations. My cousin Kelsey, on the other hand, would literally find a pile of leaves, place the egg underneath, then cover it with leaves again. The best part was after we both hid 12 eggs, we began to forget where we hid them! That definitely led to an interesting egg hunt. I finished the day with more family time and a relaxing evening at home, which was very much appreciated.

Last Friday, I had a photoshoot at Steinmetz Photography in my hometown on West Springfield, MA. The owner, Walt Steinmetz, is such a pleasure to work with. We began working together when he shot my Senior Pictures in High School. I had so much fun that I contacted him again when I needed a headshot for the Miss Massachusetts Pageant. This time, we shot some photos of me wearing the gown that I wore in the Miss America Pageant. I had an amazing time at Steinmetz Photography with Walt and his Interns and I hope that they had fun, too! Here are a couple of photos from the shoot...


For more information about Steinmetz Photography in West Springfield, MA. visit: http://www.steinmetzphotography.com

God Bless!

Love, Alicia

No comments: