Monday, April 27, 2009

"Hostess with the Mostest"

What a FAB weekend...

On Saturday, I was off to Brookline, MA to host the final local pageant of the 2009 season. There were 16 lovely, talented, and intelligent young women competing for the final three spots in the 2009 Miss Massachusetts Pageant. When I arrived, I was thrilled to find out that three of the outgoing local Queens would be there giving up their titles. I had the pleasure of competing with these ladies at Miss Massachusetts, last year and am honored to be able to call them my friends. They have each had a special year and I know that they will all be very successful in whatever they choose to do next. On that note, Congrats to Miss Commonwealth 2008 - Stephanie Brinton on her recent engagement! :)

At the end of the evening, 3 new titleholders were announced: Miss Baystate, Miss Commonwealth, and Miss Mayflower 2009. Good luck to them as they prepare for our state pageant in July! Sunday was a busy day... It was an early morning, as I set out to Host the 15th Annual South Sectional Aquatics Meet for the Special Olympics at Bridgewater State College! I cannot even begin to tell you how the athletes participating in this event inspired me. They had the most spirit, pride, enthusiasm, and heart that I have ever seen. I had the honor of announcing each team as they entered the gymnasium. I felt the energy and spirit of these individuals as their team was announced. I have heard about how rewarding it is to participate in this event and feel incredibly lucky to have experienced it first hand.
At the conclusion of the Opening Ceremonies, there was a Meet-and-Greet where I had the chance to interact with the Athletes, sign autographs, take photos, and even dance with the crowd.Special Thanks to John Harper and the Volunteers of Bridgewater State College, along with the Athletes, Coaches, and Volunteers of the Special Olympics!

That afternoon, I was scheduled to appear at a benefit for "Children's Hospital of Boston" and "The Children's Miracle Network" at Champion's Pub in Peabody, MA. Right when I walked through the door, I was welcomed with open arms! The benefit celebrated the dedicated staff of Children's Hospital Boston. Funds raised from this event will help pay the medical costs of patients whose families cannot afford care, purchase essential medical equipment, support pediatric research, and provide training for the next generation of pediatricians. Also involved in the fundraiser was Chris Collins from NECN and Bill "Spaceman" Lee! I had a blast with them as we raised funds for an extremely worthy cause!


Thank you to everyone who attended the event and Volunteered their time, including the Mitchell Family, Paul Melendy, Chris Collins, and Bill "Spaceman" Lee.Special Thanks going to "Champion's Pub" for providing a great venue for the event and for the best Steak Tips that I have ever tasted! God Bless and Congrats to a successful event!


Love, Alicia


No comments: