Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Spring!


The beginning of April has been filled with the planning of appearances. There is so much that I have yet to do before July... I won't stop working until I place the crown on the head of "Miss Massachsetts 2009"!

The bulk of my appearances are for my 20 school - tour, where I will be promoting a program entitled, "Right Decisions Right Now". The program is meant to discourage youth from using tabacco products, drugs, and alcohol. I have also been able to place key ideas from my platform into the presentation, such as the importance of resisting peer pressure and setting goals. For more information on "Right Decisions Right Now" visit their website at http://rightdecisionsrightnow.com/ .

I am still in the process of booking schools, so if you know a school in Massachusetts that would like me to visit, feel free to drop me an e-mail at aliciazitka@gmail.com ! :)

Last weekend, I had the pleasure of attending the "Miss Middlesex County" pageant. There were a total of 15 girls competing so the Miss Massachusetts Board allowed THREE titles to be given away! Before the pageant, I had a lot of fun chatting with the local titleholders and reuniting with a few from last year, including "Miss Baystate 2008" and "Miss Middlesex County 2008"! It was so nice to see those girls. Both of them have been amazing representatives of the Miss America Organization throughout their reign as local titleholders. Just as fun, was catching up with the ladies that will be competing for Miss Massachusetts 2009. I enjoyed hearing how their preparations were progressing and how excited they all were for the state pageant in July.

The pageant itself was fantastic... everything ran smoothly, all of the girls looked amazing, and the talent that was showcased was awesome! At the end of the evening, three new titleholders were crowned... Congratulations to the new "Miss Collegiate Area", "Miss Middlesex County" and "Miss Southcoast"! You all did an outstanding job and best of luck preparing for the state pageant!



Love, Alicia

No comments: