Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Fourth of July Weekend

HAPPY 4TH OF JULY WEEKEND, EVERYONE!

I hope that you all had an an enjoyable weekend filled with family, fun, and patriotism. We must be thankful for all of the men and women who are fighting for our freedom and keep them in our thoughts on the 4th and in our prayers every day.

Fireworks and barbeques aside... I had a busy week. On Wednesday, I met with the Miss Massachusetts Board of Directors to begin my paperwork for Miss America. This was interesting because I have never had anyone help me fill out my fact sheet and platform statement and I never thought that it would take so much time to make everything correct!

On Saturday, I woke up early to make my first visit to Studio2000, the official Salon of the Miss Massachusetts Organization! I was in dire need of a haircut. I never like having it cut before a pageant because a lot of teasing, curling, and hairspray goes into my “pageant hair” and it feels great to have it trimmed after all of that! My visit to Studio2000 was a dream... I have always had long straight hair, so I wanted a little change. Jack cleaned it up and gave me lots of long layers throughout to add some “oomph” to my limp locks. I hardly had time to admire my new do' because we finished just in time to rush off to my photo shoot. My photographer for the day was Rob Pelleter. Our plan for the day was to shoot my official Miss Massachusetts crown shot and my new headshot for Miss America. I am proud to announce that we did all of that in record time! Everything went smoothly and Rob and his daughter were fabulous to work with! I was very comfortable shooting with them and feel honored to work with such talented people.

Thank you to Studio2000 in Riverton, RI and Rob Pelleter!
You make me lovely! :)

Love, Alicia

No comments: