Saturday, July 12, 2008

Wareham Swan Festival



Today was my first “official” appearance as Miss Massachusetts. I would be a special guest at the Swan Festival in Wareham, MA. I couldn't wait! My parents took the trip with me to Buzzards Bay, MA where we met with State Representative Susan Gifford. From there, we rode the train to Wareham, MA. Dring the ride, I had the wonderful opportunity of meeting and greeting the guests.

We arrived at the Swan Festival in Wareham and I walked around to mingle with the crowd. The fair included delicious food, fun games, and fabulous entertainment! First, I was introduced to the crowd by Representative Gifford and spoke about my plans for my year as Miss Massachusetts, my platform “Building Self-Confidence in Children” and the Miss America Organization. Next, I made my way through the festival to visit the numerous booths that were set up. One booth even helped me when my crown began to slide off of my head! The booth was called “The Princess Station” and truly made each girl there feel like royalty by allowing them to decorate and wear their own princess crown. Needless to say, I spent quite a bit of time there talking to the girls and signing autographs. From there, I went to watch a local dance studio perform. The dancers responded very well to the audience and looked adorable! Perhaps somewhere on that stage, there was a future Miss Massachusetts!

A special thanks to State Rep. Susan Gifford, the Cape Cod Central Railroad, and everyone at the Wareham Swan Festival!

Love, Alicia

No comments: