Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Atlantic City, NJ... and EDDIE!


On Sunday, my family and I headed south to Atlantic City, NJ. I took time away from schedule as Miss Massachusetts to see my brother perform in the National Tour of “The Wedding Singer”! My older brother and I are very close and I couldn't wait to see him again. We grew up dancing together... He was my dance teacher, partner, and best friend. After High School, he attended a performing arts school in New York City and pursued his dream of becoming an actor on Broadway. We don't get to see eachother as much as we would like to but when we do, we make every moment a new memory. When are arrived in Atlantic City my brother, Eddie, surprised me with a “Build-a-Bear” dressed as a beauty queen, complete with a crown and a handmade sash reading Miss Massachusetts 2008! It was so thoughtful! That night, we had the opportunity to watch my brother on stage. He is so talented and is truly an inspiration to me. I am so proud of all that he has accomplished and can't wait to see his name in lights on Broadway! While in Atlantic City, I had the opportunity to visit the Convention Center where Miss America originated. It motivated me and made me realize how lucky I am to be part of this timeless tradition!

I returned home from Atlantic City on Wednesday and left the next morning for an appearance at the Veterans Home in Bedford, MA. I had the opportunity to travel to Bedford with my Business Manager when I held the local title of “Miss Western MA 2007”. It was great to catch up with her on the drive and we had a blast at the 80th Anniversary Celebration of the Veteran's Hospital! At the event, I had the chance to mingle with the Veterans and personally thank them for serving. As cliché as it sounds, it was very rewarding to see the smiles that I brought to their faces when I asked them how they were or gave them a signed picture. It was an experience that I will always remember and I intend to keep my promise of visiting them in the near future!

A sincere thank you goes out to the Bedford Veteran's Hospital... See you soon!

Love, Alicia

No comments: